General information on Electric Shock
Electric Shock usually occurs when puppies chew on electric cords. Occasionally a dog may come in contact with a downed power line or be struck by lightning. Dogs that receive electric shock may be burned. They may shows signs of circulatory collapse and difficulty breathing. This can lead to pulmonary edema.
Symptoms of Electric Shock
The symptoms of electric shock are burns around the mouth, circulatory collapse, and difficulty breathing. You may also find your dog unconscious.
Treatments for Electric Shock
If your dog is unconscious and not breathing, administer CPR. [see CANINE CPR in Pet Tips]. Pulmonary edema must be treated by a veterinarian.
If you have personal pet experience with Electric Shock
share your information here - Click Here
Electric Shock - personal experiences
Electric Shock experience by - zelda
1 year old sheltie/poodle mix got into an extension cord we had running across the living room for a "project" light. We thought he no longer went after cords , but this exposed one must have seemed too good to resist. Howled like crazy, ran to bed, cried for a few minutes. We checked for burns: none. Seems okay but will monitor frequently for anything unusual.
View all personal experiences on Electric Shock
If you want to share information on a different disease, select
a disease from A to Z - Click Here - Diseases A to Z
Remember, this information is for reference only. Always contact your vet or pet profesional for advice.
The information contained on this site is for the sole purpose of
being informative and is not and should not be used or relied upon as medical
Seek the advice of your vet
or other qualified pet care provider before you decide on any treatment or
for answers to any questions you may have regarding a canine medical symptom or medical condition.