General information on Anaphylactic Shock
Anaphylactic Shock is a serious immediate allergic reaction. The most common drug causing Anaphylactic Shock is penicillin although venom, bee stings, and vaccinations have been known to occasionally cause anaphylactic shock.
Symptoms of Anaphylactic Shock
Symptoms of Anaphylactic Shock are localized pain, itching, swelling, redness of the skin, agitation, diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, weakness, and circulatory collapse.
Treatments for Anaphylactic Shock
Seek immediate veterinarian care. Your veterinarian may administer IV Fluids and drugs to treat allergic reactions. A dog that has had an allergic drug reaction should not be given that drug again.
If you have personal pet experience with Anaphylactic Shock
share your information here - Click Here
Anaphylactic Shock - personal experiences
Anaphylactic Shock experience by - Beano
We took our 14 month old cocker spaniel for his annual boosters to our vets. While waiting to pay we noticed that he had become very lethargic and when we placed him in the car he collapsed and his breathing become very laboured. We took him straight back into the vets who found hs temperature was 103 and rising. Beano had suffered a severe reaction to his vaccination. He was placed on a drip and had to stay overnight at the vets. We think ourselves very lucky has he is now fully recovered..
View all personal experiences on Anaphylactic Shock
If you want to share information on a different disease, select
a disease from A to Z - Click Here - Diseases A to Z
Remember, this information is for reference only. Always contact your vet or pet profesional for advice.
The information contained on this site is for the sole purpose of
being informative and is not and should not be used or relied upon as medical
Seek the advice of your vet
or other qualified pet care provider before you decide on any treatment or
for answers to any questions you may have regarding a canine medical symptom or medical condition.