helpmyhound home page
about - contact - help   

Quick Answers To Your Dog's Medical Symptoms
Tuesday 18th of December 2018

Rodent Poisons

General information on Rodent Poisons

Rodent Poisons account for many accidental dog poisonings. Signs of poisoning may not be visible for several days after exposure. Most of these poisons are powerful anticoagulants that heed the creation of vitamin K (needed for blood clotting). There are two classes of this poison. The first one gradually kills the rodents after several feedings. The second can be up to 200 times stronger and will kill a rodent with one feeding. Dogs can be poisoned from eating the poison directly or my eating a poisoned rodent.

Symptoms of Rodent Poisons

Signs may include weakness and a pale look due to internal bleeding. Rectal bleeding, vomiting blood, bruises beneath the skin and gum bleeding.

View Symptoms Of Rodent Poisons

Treatments for Rodent Poisons

If any of these symptoms occur, seek a veterinarian immediately.
If you can locate the poison, bring it with you as this will help the vet determine what poison your dog has ingested. Fresh blood and vitamin K may be administered to offset the anticoagulants.

Personal Experience

personal experience
If you have personal pet experience with Rodent Poisons
share your information here - Click Here

Rodent Poisons - personal experiences

If you want to share information on a different disease, select
a disease from A to Z - Click Here - Diseases A to Z

Remember, this information is for reference only. Always contact your vet or pet profesional for advice.


The information contained on this site is for the sole purpose of being informative and is not and should not be used or relied upon as medical advice.
Seek the advice of your vet or other qualified pet care provider before you decide on any treatment or for answers to any questions you may have regarding a canine medical symptom or medical condition.

  about     contact     terms - privacy     links     site map  


news feed